The best products to reverse skin that feels dehydrated and flakey, leaving it plump and dewy.
What the skin feel is:
Dehydrated skin is different from dry skin. Dehydrated skin tends to be flakey, dull, flat, without bounce and your lips might be chapped. It's pretty simple what causes dehydrated and flakey skin- not drinking enough water (which may or may not be caused by drinking too much at Happy Hour), and also if your skin barrier isn’t functioning effectively which causes rates of transepidermal water loss (TEWL) to increase- your skin loses more water than it should do into the atmosphere. Apart from gluggin some fresh aqua from your eco-responsible reusable water bottle, dehydrated skin can be tackled with a winning combination of humectants (ingredients that attract and bind water) to plump up the skin and emollients to lock it all in, and stop the water evaporating from the skin surface.
BYBI products that support skin that feels dehydrated and flakey:
Bakuchiol Booster - a booster designed to add to your existing skincare routine, use neat or mix into your already loved products-containing the only natural alternative to Retinol.
Lip Kit - a wonder lip duo of Buffer Lip Scrub and Plumper Lip Balm to help buff away dry flakey skin and then lock in moisture to leave lips soft and plump.
Mega Mist - hyaluronic acid facial to leave skin plump, dewy and hydrated.
Ingredients that help and why they're great for skin that feels dehydrated and flakey:
- Bakuchiol - The only natural Vitamin A alternative. It is proven through multiple clinical studies, to reduce skin roughness and dryness, improve skin tone, elasticity, firmness, radiance and brightness. Found in Bakuchiol Booster.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - Sodium hyaluronate is the salt of hyaluronic acid, a natural component of the skin. The salt is used as it is water soluble and much more stable to formulate with. It is then converted in the skin to hyaluronic acid- this is a humectant which can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, improving moisture retention in the skin. This reduces flakey skin, dryness, increases elasticity and contributes to the skin looking soft, smooth and more plump. Quick note that you must ensure you are hydrating yourself to ensure that the HA doesn’t just pull water from your dermis (lower layer of your skin) into epidermis (top layer of your skin), which results in your skin becoming even more dehydrated. Found in Mega Mist.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder - a golden oldie in the skincare world. Powder freeze-dried from the inner fillet of the aloe plant that has hydrating, soothing and moisturising properties to combat dehydrated skin. Found in Mega Mist.
Build your own BYBI Bundle with Bakuchiol Booster, Plumper, Buffer and Mega Mist, get a free eco pouch and save 13%.
Thank you for taking the BYBI Skin Feels Flow Chart!
We hope you feel a little more skin-confident; knowing how your skin feels RN, the ingredients to look out for and products you can add to your routine.
Use 'SKINFEELS20' to get 20% off the BYBI range.
Plus, WE’RE GIVING AWAY 100 STRAWBERRY BOOSTERS.
Simply screenshot and share the below on your Instagram stories and tag @bybibeauty. You gotta be quick, only the first 100 win!
- The discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount and is therefore not valid on BYBI Bundles or gift sets.
- The discount code is valid: Friday 24th May - Friday 31st May.
- Users must post the image above and tag @bybibeauty to enter the competition to win one of 100 Strawberry Boosters. The competition is open to UK residents only.