Pregnancy is an exciting time but it can be overwhelming to go through the changes to your body whilst simultaneously trying to figure out which of your skincare products are safe to use during this time. The good news is that most cleansers, moisturisers and eye creams that you have in your cupboard are safe to use and you won’t need to switch up your entire routine. The main thing to focus on are active ingredients and which of them are suitable for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Luckily we’ve done the research for you so you don’t have to! Keep reading to find out which of your favourite ingredients are safe to use during pregnancy and which products to find them in.
Bakuchiol is our hero ingredient, which is the vegan alternative to retinol. It gives you most of the same benefits from helping with texture, fine lines and keeping your skin plump and bouncy without the usual irritation you would get from most retinols. But the best part is that it’s also safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding. Find this in our Bakuchiol Booster and Eye Plump for a potent double hit of bakuchiol to keep your skin smooth and firm throughout your pregnancy.
Not all exfoliants are suitable, however, glycolic acid and lactic acids are both AHA’s that are pregnancy-safe in small concentrations. Lactic acid, which you can find in Day Glow, is the more gentle of the two, which is helpful as during pregnancy you may experience more sensitivity, irritation and other changes to your skin.
Additional dryness and sensitivity of the skin is common in pregnancy, which is why hyaluronic acid is a must-have ingredient in your routine to help keep your skin hydrated and prevent moisture loss. Try Mega Mist for a potent hit of moisture, which you can spritz as the first step to your routine after cleansing and keep in your bag to mist and refresh the skin throughout the day.
If you’re looking for some added brightness to your skin during your pregnancy, vitamin C is a great ingredient to keep in your routine. Our C-Caf cream is perfect for brightening dull skin, improving hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. It also has caffeine to help morning puffiness and tired skin to look smooth and fresh even after difficult nights of sleep during your pregnancy.
What other BYBI Products are safe to use during pregnancy?
- Blueberry Booster - that screentime has no doubt increased to keep you entertained during the 3am feeds, Blueberry Booster protects against blue light that is emitted from your phone/laptop.
- Night Nutrition - a rich, overnight cream that rebuilds your skin whilst you sleep.
- Milk Melt - a dreamy, creamy oat milk cleanser that clarifies and soothes even the most sensitive and irritated skin.
- Bright Eyed - perfect lightweight brightening eye cream to plump and illuminate the skin after the sleepless nights.
- Strawberry Booster - A nourishing and hydrating serum that’s perfect if your skin gets extra dry, flaky or irritated during pregnancy.